Physical Education (All-Level/K-12)
One of the greatest opportunities for human service in the 21st Century is in the area of teaching.
A deep commitment to young people is essential for teaching and coaching success at the elementary and secondary levels. Teachers and coaches have the opportunity to have a significant positive impact on both the quality and quantity of an individual’s life.
Touch the future… teach!
All Level Physical Education (ALPE) is a degree that satisfies the requirements for a Texas Teacher Certificate. The program prepares students to teach grades K – 12 with an emphasis in Coaching in either a private or a public school setting.
The Department of Health, Human Performance, and Recreation also offers a five-year joint BsEd/MS program in Sport Pedagogy.
Important Links and Resources
- Baylor Process for Admittance to Teacher Education Program
- Texas Requirements and Process for Educator Certification
- Criminal History Evaluations
- School of Education Complaints Process
- Performance of the EPP Over Time
- Texas Educator Workforce
- Benefits and Waivers for Military Service Members