Change to HSS Major
Requesting to Change to the Health Science Studies Major for Current Baylor Students
Students may only change their major to Health Science Studies (HSS) and be admitted into the HSS program during the designated eligibility period, and only at the end of a full semester (fall or spring).
To change to the HSS major, current Baylor students must meet the following criteria:
- Meet minimum GPA requirements for concentration of choice:
- Pre-Medical/Dental: 3.2 cumulative
- Pre-Physician Assistant: 3.2 cumulative
- Pre-Physical Therapy: 3.2 cumulative
- Pre-Athletic Training: 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Health Professions: 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Have completed or be eligible to register for BIO 1305/1105 and CHE 1301/1101.
If you meet the eligibility requirements and wish to apply for admittance to the HSS program, please follow the Change of Major instructions detailed here.
In Bearweb, go to Student Academic Services > Students Records > Change of Major Request and fill out the online form.
Your request will be reviewed to determine if you meet the criteria to change to the HSS major. If so, you will be contacted within 2 business days with information related to processing your request. If you do not meet the criteria, you will be contacted to inform you of this.
If you are eligible, you will then meet with an advisor to discuss the HSS major. (PLEASE NOTE: Your major will not be changed until after you have communicated with an advisor to discuss the possible change of major).
After meeting with an advisor, if you still wish to change your major, your major will officially be changed.