Baylor University's master's program in Sport Pedagogy prepares students for careers in teaching physical education and coaching. Students have also used this program to specialize in strength and conditioning as well as sport psychology.
The program also provides an option for students to obtain their teaching certification concurrently with their master's degree. Note that this is possible regardless of undergraduate degree area. There is also a non-teaching certification track available.
The Department of Health, Human Performance, and Recreation also offers a five-year joint BsEd/MS program in Sport Pedagogy.
Statistics Core (6 hours)
- HP 5379 Research Methods
- EDP 5334 Statistical Methods or STAT 5300 Statistical Methods
Emphasis Core (18 hours for non-teacher track or 21 hours for teacher track)
- HP 5368 Motor Skill Learning and Performance
- HP 5335 Sport Pedagogy
- HP 5355 Power Speed Agility Training (non-teacher track) or HP 5334 Pedagogy and Physical Education (teacher track)
- HP 5370 Sport Psychology
- HP 5377 Issues & Trends in Human Performance/Sport Management
- HP 5384 Biomechanics
- HP 5V70 Special Topics in HHPR (Technical Skills of Teaching/Coaching - for teacher track only)
Electives (6 hours for non-teacher track or 3 hours for teacher track)
Must be approved by Advisor